Today is President's Day and it feels almost impossible that just a week ago I was celebrating Valentines Day.
When I stood in line with a bag of chocolate for my family I was surrounded by hearts and shades of red, pink and white. People's carts were overflowing with items declaring love all that money spent for one special day.
Valentines Day was barely over and the commercials on T.V. turned from diamonds to red white and blue striped flags waving %60 off signs in honor of the leaders of the great US of A.
You know what color that same store is flashing before my eyes?
Green.
St. Patty's Day is next.
So, here is the question.
Do you monopolize Holidays for your business, personal life, or a little bit of both?
What do you think of the way our world tries to cash in at every opportunity?
As business owners, should we join the masses?
The good news? My husband gets to enjoy his favorite jelly beans longer, because they are already starting to pre-advertise for Easter.

I can understand someplace like a crafts store putting merchandise out early for a particular holiday. You need time to make things.
ReplyDeleteBut why on earth K-mart puts Christmas trees and stuff out in August is beyond me! Of course, the bottom line is that I don't have to shop for a holiday until I feel like it. Maybe the world had gotten too commercial, but it's up to me to decide how to handle it. (Frankly, I'd rather wait for the after-holiday clearance sales and put the goodies up in the attic for next year!)
Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm glad you liked the little wallets I made!